First of all, I'd like to thank the people who read this blog. I know that I don't write as often as I want to, but when I get the chance to push a blog post out of me, i'm an open book about what I feel. So here's a couple of life changing news.
- I moved to Miami, Florida from Los Angeles during the month of June.
- I'm starting a vlog that will have photography tutorials by December. It's Titled the Amanda Bovea Series and is a spinoff of my vlogs from 2015.
- I have had my first graduate of a photo course i ran during the month of August. Her name is Ana Gomez, check out her work here.
- I've been contacted by Potential Church ( my florida church) to work with them on some projects after submitting my work to their film department.
- I'm a cinematographer for Trinity Productions, my friend's company who produces content on youtube and for their music label. Check out their website here.
- I've shot a music video for Natural Nell, a spanish artist from Venezuela who's making moves in the latin industry.
- I'm releasing a photography book with poetry written by me. ( Hopefully by end of year)
- I've flown back to Los Angeles for the month of October to shoot a web series. ( It's called Atlas and is a total knock out script.)
- I've just finished shooting my first wedding in Soquel ( a little town in Northern California).
- I've finally found the right dosage of medication which has lead to a better life.
So let me explain.
I moved back to Florida after hitting my head by falling off the side of Runyon Canyon last halloween and giving myself a concussion. This concussion woke up a lot of mental health issues that had been dormant in me since my teen years over the span of six months. It lead me to my lowest point, creatively and in life. I decided that to get truly better, I needed to leave the city I loved to receive treatment at a rehabilitation center in Miami, surrounded by family.
During my time at the rehabilitation center, I was diagnosed as being bipolar. This diagnosis has led me to a lot of lifestyle changes. Cutting out stress, learning how to handle anxiety, eating healthier and learning to relax has been main focal points in the recovery process. It's been a long road but i'm finally starting to walk closer to the light so to speak. I've grown closer to my faith, which has helped tremendously.
I know this is a lot to take in from me, but hopefully being open about all my successes and failures will lead to more conversations about mental health.